Mark Vander Weg
Associate Professor (Internal Medicine/Psychological & Brain Sciences)Education:
PhD, University of MemphisOffice:
N432A CPHBOffice Phone:
319 467 1377Fax Number:
Behavioral medicine, health psychology, tobacco use and cessation, behavioral approaches to the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Primary Research Area
- Levine, J. A., Vander Weg, M. W., Hill, J. O., and Klesges, R. C.(2006). Non-exercise Activity Thermogenesis. The crouching tiger hidden dragon of societal weight gain. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, 26, 729-736.
- Klesges, R. C., DeBon, M., Vander Weg, M. W., Relyea, G. R., Peterson, A. L., Haddock, C. K., Lando, H., and Talcott, G. W. (2006). Efficacy of a tailored smoking control program on long-term tobacco use in a population of U.S. military troupes. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 74, 295-306.
- Vander Weg, M. W., DeBon, M., Sherrill-Mittleman, D., Klesges, R. C., and Relyea, G.E. (2006). Binge drinking, drinking and driving, and riding with a driver who had been drinking heavily among Air National Guard and Air Force reserve personnel. Military Medicine, 171, 177-183.
- American Psychological Association
- Society of Behavioral Medicine
- Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi