A New Home for the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
"In January 2020, the faculty, staff, and students of the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences began moving into the newly constructed $33.5 million building that will house faculty and staff offices, 14 state-of-the-art laboratories for human research, classrooms, and many commons spaces.
The new building is connected on each floor with the Spence Laboratories of Psychology, which continues to house laboratories for conducting human and animal research. A third building, Stuit Hall, houses the Seashore Psychology Clinic and laboratories for many of our Clinical Science faculty.
Construction of the 66,470-square-foot facility at Gilbert Street and Iowa Avenue began in the summer of 2017.
- "University of Iowa celebrates opening of psychological and brain sciences building" (Iowa Now)
- "New University of Iowa Brain Sciences Building a long time coming" (The Gazette)
- "'Hard to express what this means': Meet the new, revamped building that replaced Seashore Hall" (Iowa City Press-Citizen)
- "University of Iowa dedicates new Psychological and Brain Sciences building" (The Daily Iowan)
- "University of Iowa dedicates new psychology and brain sciences building" (RadioIowa)